4th July 2016 Photos by Hetty
Upton upon Severn was granted to Winchcombe Abbey in 897. It became a busy port, and the first bridge over the river was built of wood c.1480. There are black and white houses dating from the 1600s, and Georgian ones from the 1700s indicate the prosperity of the time
There are lovely flower displays
And one is a dog!
The ‘Pepper Pot’ is all that remains of a 13th century church, whose spire was replaced by a cupola in 1770. It is now the tourist information and heritage centre
The Tudor House Museum dates from 1550
Don’t walk out of this door!
Upton Muggery – with mugs outside
This garage was originally a chapel. It has an old petrol pump
Former fire station
This was the Manor House – with upper windows painted on