Cornwall Photos by Hetty
8th May 2022 www.nationaltrust.org.uk/lanhydrock
The gatehouse was built in the 17th century, as was the house.
A terrible fire destroyed much of the house in 1881, so the interiors were rebuilt. On view are the separate areas for servants, the family and the nursery.
This fire engine was bought after the 1881 fire
The 15th century parish church is next to the house
Rhododendrons in the gardens
Next: Polruan Back to beginning of holiday
All images on the website copyright of HettyHikes.co.uk
Back to top