2nd May 2016 Photos by Hetty
It was Open Day at Hawkwood College.
Before 1936 it was called The Grove, but the name was changed by Colonel Murray, who admired a 14th century mercenary
The current house was built in the 1840s, but it replaced an older house that had been damaged by fire. It was at the centre of a large estate owned by the Capel family for 200 years
There is a lovely view
More information: Digital Stroud