19th November 2017
Photos by Hetty
A visit with Stroud U3A Church History and Architecture Group, on a lovely sunny day.
This churchyard is famous for having 99 yew trees, but we didn’t count them.
The original weathervane is in Stroud’s Museum in the Park – it was damaged when it was used for target practice
The 1901 lych gate – the timbers came from the old belfry.
Reredos designed and embroidered by Lady Hyett, early 1900s
The 1740s reredos is now behind the organ, but was originally behind the central altar
The 1661 font, and a carving from Oberammergau c.1900.
Italian mosaic reredos, c.1900, in the north chapel
Next we went to Miserden
More pictures of Painswick: