19th January 2015 All photos by Hetty
It was a lovely sunny day, with ice on the puddles in the shade.
Click here for map of walk. Distance 4 miles. Walk time 2hr 30 min.
Slimbridge Church dates from the 13th century. The spire was added in 1664
The vicarage behind the church has the remains of a moat.
16th century sun dial on the porch
Two corbells showing Elizabeth 1st and a famous Abbot
Lead font bowl, 1664
The capitals on the columns have carved foliage – all different
14th century corbel heads
Memorial windows to Sir Peter Scott who founded the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
The Old Malthouse
At Shepherd’s Patch
Gloucester and Sharpness Canal
A sign post. The 2 otters point to Gloucester and Sharpness. The flamingo is for the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, and a hand for harmony.Patch Bridge swinging aside for a boat to go through.
A flock of birds (click to enlarge)
A bridgeman’s house by Cambridge Arms Bridge
A converted barn
All images on the website copyright of HettyHikes.co.uk
Back to top