Brockhampton Estate

Herefordshire                                                        All photos by Hetty

18th April 2023

Lower Brockhampton medieval manor has a moat. The first part of the house was built in 1425. It was restored in the 1870s

Gatehouse built 1530-1540 and inside the upper storey

View of the granary from gatehouse window

The moat goes nearly all the way round

Old orchard

Ruined Norman chapel from 1166, with east window added in 1400s

There are some characters in the new orchards, as well as a trow

and a trow

Black sheelp in the old orchard



Inside the manor


The “new” house built in 1765 and the new chapel nearby, 1799

All images on the website copyright of

Back to top