Gloucestershire Photos by Hetty
16th November 2018
Stow on the Wold is a town on a hill with many listed buildings, at the junction of several roads, including the Roman Fosse Way. It has a huge market square – they gained their charter in 1107.
We only stopped for an hour to wander around the town, as it was a foggy day, and found a wild boar, horse head, and milk churns.
This was the White Hart, a coaching inn in the 14th century, and parts of it go back to the 12th century.
Church – 11th to 15th century
These 2 yew trees are a bit close to the door
Flemish painting from c. 1610, and records of benefactors