Tenerife                                                    Photos by Hetty

5th March 2018   Map of walk

We got off the bus just west of Garachico, to see the view over the town It was founded in the 16th century and became Tenerife’s commercial port

Statue to remember the emigrants who left here for South America

In 1706 two rivers of lava came through the town and into the harbour. Puerto de la Cruz then took over as the main port. Recently they have built a new port east of the town

The lava created rock pools

The main square with the San Francisco convent

Next – San Juan de la Rambla to Rosario

All images on the website copyright of

Back to top