Near Stroud, Gloucestershire
15th September 2017 Photos by Hetty History of the church
A visit with Stroud U3A church history and architecture group
William Leigh bought Woodchester Park and built the mansion and this Roman Catholic church. The mansion was never finished but the church opened in 1849.
At the porch
A priory was added in 1853, but it was demolished in 1970 and is now a car park.
The architect was Charles Hansom, whose brother created the Hansom Cab. In the church is his model.
and the ground floor
This photo shows the monastery
This chapel contains a mediaeval style memorial to William Leigh and his family