Fairford

Gloucestershire

Fairford Heritage Trail       Click here for the walk leaflet

Park Lodge – 19th century gate house for Fairford Park

 

Fairford Mill 17th century, but there was one recorded in the Doomsday book

 

Mr H reads the plaque on the wall

 

There are lots of swans and ducks, and we saw some trout

2 swans go for a walk

and have a sit down – on the road

Several cars weaved between the swans – not necessarily slowing down

Oxpens

Milton Farm

Coln House school – formerly the lunatic asylum

River Coln

Retort House – former gas & coke works

Former White Hart Court pub

Half timbered Post Office

Former Coaching Inn

The other side of the market place

Tudor cottage – the oldest dwelling in town?

Tudor House

      

 

Road from the hospital and The Croft

Former Police Station & Magistrates Court 1860

Farmor’s school – now a community centre

Fairford Church, rebuilt 1490s

Click here for The History of St Mary’s Church

Tabletop tombs, characteristic of wealthy clothiers

The church has the only near complete set of medieval stained glass windows in Britain

Tomb of John Tame, who rebuilt the church

One of the misericords

Click here to find out about misericords

Click here for more photos of St Mary’s Church Fairford

All images on the website copyright of HettyHikes.co.uk

Back to top